Sanghpal Chawhan has been pursuing his passion for art since early adolescence.
Ever since he has been on a charismatic journey discovering and exploring the facts of his artistic inclination every day. He holds a graduate degree in Fine arts from Mumbai, India. His paintings have been recognized and exhibited in some of the prestigious competitions, recognized group shows and art galleries.
He had a deep impact of urban life, experiencing the Mumbai city hassle during his academic years. He then moved to the city of Hyderabad in pursuit of a job and the urban life experience continued. He has seen and experienced increasing materialistic expansion of the world and decreasing social affinity between people. Pondering upon the daily efforts of many individuals, he realized the absence of connection to nature and harmony in their lives.
He believes that the whole society is getting affected for the benefit of few individuals and at the same time, the whole society is affecting the environment in turn like a vicious circle. These regular experiences raise many questions in his mind and their impact reflects upon his work. His work majorly speaks about the present situation of urban society and its impact on human life.
His creative drawing forms are beautifully rendered with pen on paper, giving the essence of surrealistic approach. Numerous houses play a vital role in the subject matter that represents our society and their circumstances. Each of his subjects reflects the impression of a habituated regular thing of urban culture, where every viewer, can relate the situation to their own conditions. His subject approach somewhere raises questions or somewhere reflects the society, which may not be realized or given a thought by a lot of people. These issues are very sensibly handled and are highlighted through his work.
Awards & Achievements
• First Prize in Painting competition held at Dikole Institute, Nagpur in 2000.
• Second Prize in painting competition held at Mudra Kala Niketan, Mumbai in 2004.
• Painting Group Show at Kala Ghoda, Mumbai in January 2005.
• Painting Group Show at Kalakruti Art Gallery, Mumbai in April 2005.
• Painting Exhibited at Bombay Art competition, Mumbai in April 2005.
• Second Prize in painting competition held at Mudra Kala Niketan, Mumbai in 2005.
• Second Prize in painting competition held at Mudra Kala Niketan, Mumbai in 2006.
• Painting Exhibited at Urja Art Gallery, Mumbai in 2007.
• Painting Group Show at State Art Gallery, Hyderabad in june 2011.
• Painting Group Show at State Art Gallery, Hyderabad in August 2011.
• Painting Group Show at Icon Art, Hyderabad in May 2012.
• Painting Group Show at Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai in August 2015.
• Painting Group Show at Falaknuma Palace, Hyderabad in August 2016.
• Painting Group Show by Artival Group, Mumbai in November 2018.